Includes bibliographical references and index.; Introduction. Why For-Profit Corporations and Citizenship? / Greg Urban. pt. 1. Are for-profit corporations in the public interest? ch. 2. Corporate Power and the Public Good / Lynn Sharp Paine -- ch. 3. How Big Business Targets Children / Joel Bakan -- ch. 4. Corporate Social Purpose and the Task of Management / Jeffery Smith -- ch. 5. Corporate Purpose and Social Responsibility / Jeffrey L. Sturchio and Louis Galambos -- ch. 6. Education by Corporation : the Merits and Perils of For-Profit Higher Education for a Democratic Citizenry / Amy J. Sepinwall -- ch. 7. Enron and the Legacy of Corporate Discourse / Rosalie Genova -- ch. 8. Saving TEPCO : Debt, Credit, and the "End" of Finance in Post-Fukushima Japan / Hirokazu Miyazaki.
- LCC: HD2741
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vi, 384 pages ;
- Edition Info: 1st ed.;
- Corporate governance
- Corporations -- Sociological aspects
- Corporations -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Corporation law
- Public interest
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books