With stimulating questions, comprehensive notes, and teachable and well edited cases as its hallmarks, this is the authoritative law school casebook for the study of copyright law. The book presents up to the minute materials ncluding key decisions of the Supreme Court dealing both with new technologies and with the more "traditional" issues in the field. The increasingly important issue of secondary liability is represented by the Court s 2005 decision in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd., as well as by other cases dealing with internet service providers. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and particularly its provisions on technological protection measures, are also covered, through well-selected cases and textual treatment. There is also discussion of the cutting-edge issues arising from the delivery of music recordings and motion pictures on the internet, both legally and illegally, and the implications for the statute s complex compulsory-license provisions. A fully revised and updated chapter on Fair Use traces the application of that doctrine in both the digital and the more traditional contexts. The Supreme Court decision in Eldred v. Ashcroft on the extension of the copyright term, and its progeny in the lower courts, are also addressed. Expanded attention is also given to other emerging constitutional issues, particularly Congress s power to enact copyright-like legislation under the Commerce Clause. Other topics include the increasingly demanding judicial attitude toward copyright formalities, protection for government-authored and incorporated works, preemption of state law and international issues. There will also be more photographs illustrating current cases dealing with originality and infringement. The casebook will continue its position as the outstanding book in the field comprehensive and thorough, and stimulating and enjoyable for both teacher and students
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 1152 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2006-07-19
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books