With stimulating questions and discussion problems, comprehensive notes, and teachable and well-edited cases as its hallmarks, this is the authoritative law school casebook for the study of copyright law. The book presents up-to-date materials dealing both with new technologies and with the more traditional issues in the field. The increasingly important issue of secondary liability is represented by decisions in the Ninth Circuit and other courts subsequent to the Supreme Court's decision in MGM Studios, Inc. v. Grokster, Ltd. The book has similarly amplified the caselaw on the limited liability of internet service providers. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act's provisions on technological protection measures and copyright management information are also covered, through well-selected cases and analysis of successive Copyright Office Rulemakings. A revised and updated chapter on fair use traces the expansion of that doctrine in both the digital and the more traditional contexts. Other expanded topics include the evolving caselaw on copyright ownership and termination of transfers, the increasingly contentious policy issues underlying copyright formalities and the related problem of orphan works, contractual limitations on user prerogatives, and international issues. There will also be more photographs illustrating current cases dealing with originality and infringement. The casebook will continue its position as the outstanding book in the field-comprehensive and thorough, and stimulating and enjoyable for both teacher and students.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 7.6"x10.1"x2.2"; 5.1 lb; 1360 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-08-19
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books