Contemporary Approaches to Trusts and Estates uses cases and statutory materials along with exercises and problems to integrate legal analysis and practice skills. This innovative casebook: Proceeds chronologically, covering lifetime planning issues before wills. Uses extensive textual explanations to present the law and its many nuances. Consistent with the call in the Carnegie Report for schools to add more practice skills to the curriculum, includes exercises in document drafting, role-playing, and letter writing to clients. Reproduces statutory materials and the Restatement, so that no separate supplement is required. Explores the ethical obligations of estate planning lawyers using the MRPC and the ACTEC Commentaries. Presents contemporary cases, such as Feinberg, Kuralt, and Schiavo, which reflect the development of the law into the 21st century. Includes fact-based problems, requiring students to explore cases, the UPC, the UTC, and other statutes, as well as the MRPC, in depth.
- Physical Description: 7.2"x10.2"x1.8"; 3.7 lb; 1008 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-04-15
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books