A team of expert obstetricians and gynaecologists across the country have contributed from their vast experience and practical knowledge on congenital intrauterine infections. The infections are intimately related to the period of fetal organogenesis as established in research by Norman Gregg that a spectrum of neonatal and infant problems and sometimes a Sequelae developing much later have been traced back to intrauterine developments This book projects maternal infections that affect the unborn child. It includes the pregnancy outcome, problems, incidence, diagnosis, management and prevention The updates included in the book upgrade knowledge, clarify doubts, proffer the advances in perinatal medicine on this subject. It focuses on the issues that confound the obstetricians and neonatologists i.e. perinatal loss, infections morbidity and congenital anomalies. Section 1: Maternal Fetal Sequelae, 1. Clearing MisconceptionsPregnancy Complications and Miscarriage Due to Maternal Infections, 2. Outcome of Neonates Born with Congenital Infections, 3. Congenital Infections and Mental Retardation, 4. Intrauterine Infections: Ocular Manifestations, 5. Congenital Infections and Hearing Loss, 6. Effects of Genital Tract Infections and Pregnancy Outcome, Section 2: Problem-based Approach to MaternalFetal Management, 7. Avidity Testing to Pinpoint Timing of Maternal Infections during Pregnancy, 8. Prenatal Treatment of Toxoplasmosis, 9. Strategies for Management of Intrauterine Rubella Infection, 10. Decision Making in Intrauterine Cytomegalovirus Infection, 11. Streamlining Therapy of Pregnant Women with Genital Herpes, 12. Parvovirus B19Fetal Implications and Therapy, 13. Fetal Risk and Counselling in Chickenpox Mumps and Measles during Pregnancy, 14. Minimizing Risk of HIV Transmission to Fetus and Newborn, 15. TuberculosisStill a Problem for Mothers and Children in India, 16. Sexually Transmitted Disease in Pregnancy: Saving the Fetus, 17. Hepatitis in Pregnancy: Fetal/Neonatal Perspective, Section 3: Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Infection, 18. Laboratory Techniques for Prenatal Diagnosis of Maternal-Fetal Infections, 19. Role of Ultrasound in Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Infections, 20. Ultrasound Guided Procedures in Prenatal Diagnosis of Congenital Infections, Section 4: Consensus Opinion, 21. Screening Guidelines for Intrauterine Infections during Pregnancy in Indian Pregnant Women, 22. Impact of Health Education and Counselling in Prevention of Congenital Infections, Section 5:Illustrative Cases, 23. Illustrative CasesTORCH Infections.
- Dewey Decimal: 618
- Physical Description: 6.3"x9.4"x0.5"; 1.3 lb; 328 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-08-01
- Education & Reference
- Medical Books -- Allied Health Professions -- Radiologic & Ultrasound Technology
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Internal Medicine
- Medical Books -- Medicine -- Reference
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books