Comedy: American Style (Multi-Ethnic Literatures of the Americas)
Comedy: American Style, Jessie Redmon FausetÂs fourth and final novel, recounts the tragic tale of a familyÂs destructionÂthe story of a mother who denies her clan its heritage. Originally published in 1933, this intense narrative continues to raise compelling, disturbing, and still contemporary themes of color prejudice and racial self-hatred. Cherene Sherrard-JohnsonÂs introduction places this classic in both the new modernist and transatlantic contexts and will be embraced by those interested in early twentieth-century women writers, novels about passing, the Harlem Renaissance, the black/white divide, and diaspora studies.
- Dewey Decimal: 813.52
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x0.8"; 1.1 lb; 304 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-10-05
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- United States -- African American -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- World Literature -- United States -- Classics -- General
- Literature & Fiction -- Contemporary
- Literature & Fiction -- General -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Special Groups -- African-American Studies
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books