Combining medication and psychosocial treatments for addictions: the BRENDA approach
Includes bibliographical references (p. 199-201) and index. Pt. 1. The BRENDA approach and how to use it -- Biopsychosocial understanding of addiction -- Managing addiction treatment using the BRENDA approach -- Biopsychosocial assessment: how to conduct it -- Report: how to prepare and present the assessment results -- Empathetic understanding: listening to the patient -- Needs: identifying patient needs and priorities -- Direct advice: matching needs to treatment options -- Assessment of the patient's reaction to advice: adjusting advice to patient response -- Dealing with pharmacotherapy and medication compliance issues -- Applying the BRENDA stages to early recovery issues -- Applying the BRENDA stages to later recovery issues -- Pt. 2. The BRENDA approach in action -- Case of Bill: a successful businessman with alcohol addiction -- Case of Alissa: cocaine and alcohol addiction with severe psychosocial complications -- Case of Stephen: a binge drinker/precontemplator.
- LCC: RC564
- Dewey Decimal: 616.86/06
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 208 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Drug abuse -- Chemotherapy
- Narcotic addicts -- Counseling of
- Alcoholics -- Counseling of
- Combined Modality Therapy
- Substance-Related Disorders -- therapy
- Drug Therapy -- methods
- Patient Compliance
- Psychotherapy -- Methods
- Toxicomanie -- Chimioth�rapie
- Counseling -- Toxicomanie
- Counseling -- Alcoolisme
- Traitement combin� (Th�rapeutique)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books