"The many differences between formal and informal, written and spoken French are one of the most striking features of the language, and can cause problems even for its native speakers. Colloquial French Grammar provides a practical, non-technical survey of those aspects of morphology and syntax where standard and non-standard French differ." "Taking the key areas of grammar in turn, Rodney Ball describes the forms used in everyday French and indicates their level of colloquialness. A basic knowledge of the standard language is assumed, but less elementary points are reviewed and explanations are given of all the grammatical terms employed. Authentic conversational material is used in the examples, and there are a large number of exercises to aid and stimulate the reader. Designed specifically for the language-learner and for others who require a description of informal French structures, Colloquial French Grammar is the first systematic overview of its kind for non-native speakers."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -236) and index.
- LCC: PC2112
- Dewey Decimal: 448.2/421
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 245 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- French language -- Grammar
- French language -- Textbooks for foreign speakers -- English
- French language -- Spoken French
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books