Taking as its emphasis speed, beauty and American cars, the 2003 yearbook includes special features on the Ferrari, Porsche and the long-lived Chevrolet. Over 160 marques are examined, with commentaries on what is selling, what to watch out for and which ones to stay away from. Marques are presented in alphabetical order and are illustrated with captions that describe the car's history, any restoration work carried out and its realized price if sold at auction. The source of each car can be traced by matching the code found at the end of each caption to the key to illustrations. Advertising also provides the reader with a starting point for buying or selling. Throughout the guide are features on "Miller's Starter Marques", a useful source of information for those on a budget who are looking for reliable, accessible and affordable, collectable cars. Accompanying most marques is the Miller's price box, which list values of cars throughout decades of manufacture depending on their condition. The "Miller's Compares" feature explains why two cars that look similar can fetch very different prices at auction and the guide also features a directory of car clubs, auctioneers and museums. The yearbook doubles as both a price guide, a portrait of Europe's passions and fashion and a transport of nostalgic delight.
- Dewey Decimal: 629
- Physical Description: 6.5"x11.0"x1.1"; 2.5 lb; 352 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2002-11-25
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home -- Antiques & Collectibles -- Reference
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home -- Antiques & Collectibles -- Transportation
- Professional & Technical -- Automotive -- Buyers' Guides
- Professional & Technical -- Automotive -- Classic Cars
- Education & Reference -- Almanacs & Yearbooks
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books