Coinage and History of the Roman Empire is an invaluable study in the fields of Roman history and numismatics. Current scholarship is invoked throughout as a corrective to other published sources: hundreds f significat updates in chronology, historical perspective and numismatic attribution make this book indispensable. The book consists of two volumes: volume one, History; volume two: Coinage. The 550-year period covered- The Imperatorial Age: c. 82-27 B.C; and The Roman Empire: 27 B.C to A.D 480- is divided into twelve epochs, each prefaced with an overview of the period's social and historical developments. Coinage and History of the Roman Empire is fully illustrated (including family trees, tables, maps) and includes an extensive bibliography as well alphabetical and chronological indexes.
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.3"x3.2"; 1350 pages; 6.2 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2001-03-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books