Coaching Matters: Leadership and Tactics of the NFL's Ten Greatest Coaches
How much influence does an NFL head coach really have on a teams win-loss record? Is the head coach the most important member of a professional football team? What separates a great coach from an average coach? Author Brad Adler answers these questions and many others in the first book ever to examine the magnitude of a head coachs impact on an NFL franchise. Coaching Matters contends that great coaches will win regardless of the talent or conditions that surround them. Superior coaches will be successful despite the incompetence of the players or the losing atmosphere they inherit. Adler shows that the elite head coach, in and of himself, is capable of producing and sustaining victory. The title has a dual meaning. First, that coaching does indeed mattermuch more than people believe. And second, Adler investigates how coaching matters are handled. He documents the careers of ten of the greatest modern-day NFL coaches and clearly establishes each mans significance relative to his teams success. The book examines the philosophies and tactics that helped distinguish each coach as a preeminent leader and innovator. It also analyzes how they conveyed their strategies and techniques and discusses the problems with filling the dual roles of coach and general manager.Finally, Adler identifies and evaluates the personality traits and characteristics most often associated with outstanding coaches in an effort to establish a reliable basis for implementing the systematic coach-predictor, a method for gauging the effectiveness of potential NFL head coaches. Coaching Matters: Leadership and Tactics of the NFL'S Ten Greatest Coaches is the definitive book on NFL coaching and a must-read for any football fan.
- Dewey Decimal: 796
- Physical Description: 5.8"x8.7"x1.1"; 0.8 lb; 360 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-05-03
- Sports -- Coaching -- Football (American) -- General
- Sports -- Coaching -- Football (American) -- General AAS
- Sports -- Football (American) -- Professional
- Sports -- Football (American) -- General
- Sports -- Football (American) -- General AAS
- Sports -- General
- Sports -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books