Includes bibliographical references and index. 1. Introduction to clinical child neuropsychiatry -- 2. Epidemiological overview -- 3. Background factors -- 4. A brief review of normal development -- 5. Mental retardation and other severe learning disorders: an overview -- 6. Disorders of empathy: autism and autism spectrum disorders (including childhood onset schizophrenia) -- 7. Disorders involving obsessions and compulsions (including Tourette syndrome and eating disorders) -- 8. Deficits in attention, motor control and perception, and other syndromes attributed to minimal brain dysfunction -- 9. Sleep and elimination disorders -- 10. Specific syndromes not otherwise referred to -- 11. Psychotic disorders not elsewhere classified (including mania and depression with psychotic features) -- 12. Traumatic brain injury and its neuropsychiatric sequelae -- 13. Epilepsy and psychiatric problems in childhood -- 14. Other neurological disorders/disabilities. 15. Neurodevelopmental examination of the child with neuropsychiatric problems -- 16. Laboratory work-up -- 17. Neuropsychological work-up -- 18. The impact of childhood neuropsychiatric disorders on the family -- 19. Interventions and treatments.
- LCC: RJ486.5
- Dewey Decimal: 618.92/89
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 366 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk)
- Pediatric neuropsychiatry
- Mental Disorders -- therapy
- Mental Disorders -- in infancy & childhood
- Neuropsychology -- in infancy & childhood
- Child development disorders -- Therapy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books