Classical Antiquities at New York University (Publications of the Center for Ancient Studies New York University)
The publication, Classical Antiquities at New York University, is a catalogue of the most interesting objects from NYUs archaeological collection, which includes pieces from Egypt, the Near East, Cyprus, Greece, South Italy, and Rome. The purpose of the catalogue is to re-contextualize the objects selected and to make the historic objects accessible to a larger audience. Some pieces have been published for the first time. The volume is a publication of NYUs Center for Ancient Studies. College of Arts and Science Dean Matthew Santirocco, who directs the center, noted that this volume represents precisely the sort of interdisciplinary collaboration that the Center attempts to foster. The authors of the various entries are students and alumni of the Department of Classics and the Institute of Fine Arts, as well as scholars from elsewhere in the United States and abroad. Aside from editing the volume, Bonfante contributed entries for the Etruscan section of the collection, while Fowlkes wrote several of the Roman entries.
- Physical Description: 253 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2006
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books