This anthology celebrates more than twenty-five years of the Negro Ensemble Company's significant contribution to American theater. Collected here are ten plays most representative of the eclectic nature of the Negro Ensemble Company repertoire.
Foreword / Douglas Turner Ward -- A Soldier's Play / Charles Fuller -- Ceremonies in Dark Old Men / Lonne Elder III -- Home / Samm-Art Williams -- The Sty of the Blind Pig / Phillip Hayes Dean -- Daughters of the Mock / Judi Ann Mason -- The Offering / Gus Edwards -- The First Breeze of Summer / Leslie Lee -- Dream on Monkey Mountain / Derek Walcott -- The River Niger / Joseph Walker -- The Great MacDaddy / Paul Carter Harrison -- In Conversation -- An Afterword / Gus Edwards and Paul Carter Harrison.
- LCC: PS628
- Dewey Decimal: 812/.5408089673
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiv, 594 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth)
- Negro Ensemble Company
- American drama -- Afro-American authors
- American drama -- 20th century
- Afro-Americans -- Drama
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books