Includes bibliographical references (p. 138-142) and index. Understanding civility -- Case studies in civility -- Introduction -- SARS -- Looting -- Distributed intelligence -- It starts with humility -- The lawsuit -- Play ball! -- Abuses of our civility -- Good manners -- Signs of our civility -- A two-way street -- The finger -- Push chair aggression -- Garbage in, garbage out -- Cell phones -- Down in front -- Say it again, Sam! -- What's good for the goose ... -- "Do it true" -- On death -- No thanks needed -- Civility: situations and solutions -- Introduction -- The role of respect -- Making conversation -- Handling a conversation -- At a Public meeting -- At the theater -- Waiting in line -- Before opening hours -- In a public facility -- Gender confusion -- What is it about golf? -- At the hotel -- Cigarette Cindy -- Gas-powered blowers -- At the warehouse store -- Acts of civility -- Civility forums -- Conclusion.
- Dewey Decimal: 177/.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 148 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books