Its clear, straightforward writing style continues to make Civil Procedure accessible to students without oversimplifying the material it covers. An effective overview of procedure gives students a working knowledge of the system and offers techniques for statutory analysis. Civil Procedure's teachable structure features a clear organization, concisely edited cases--carefully chosen for first-year students--textual notes introducing and highlighting connections between sections, and practical problems. The casebook's shorter length assures that each class will completely cover the complex course material in limited hours, and a flexible organization adapts to a variety of teaching approaches. The Eighth Edition introduces innovative new features that highlight important and engaging material. ""What's New Here?"" boxes briefly summarize key points emerging from cases, statutes, and rules. ""Implications"" boxes make brief statements about connections and extensions of doctrine, aimed at answering the perennial question students ask, ""How does this connect with the rest of the course?""; ""Perspectives"" boxes provide short explorations of cases' historical context and related developments, addressing the query, ""What does it mean that this happened at this historical moment?"" The material is updated throughout, and new material appears on Erie, pleading, discovery, arbitration, preclusion, class actions, and joinder. The Eighth Edition is available as an eBook as well as a print book. Features: Clear, straightforward writing style, accessible without being oversimplifiedEffective overview of the procedural system gives students a working knowledge of the system offers techniques for statutory analysis
- Physical Description: 1040 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-04-12
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books