Civil Procedure, A Contemporary Approach, 3d (The Interactive Casebook)
This third edition includes several significant recent decisions from the Supreme Court, including those addressing corporate citizenship for purposes of diversity jurisdiction (Hertz Corp. v. Friend, 130 S. Ct. 1181 (2010)), the Erie/Hanna doctrine (Shady Grove Orthopedic Assocs., P.A. v. Allstate Ins. Co., 130 S. Ct. 1431 (2010)), pleading standards under Rule 8 (Ashcroft v. Iqbal, 129 S. Ct. 1937 (2009)), compulsory party joinder (Republic of Philippines v. Pimentel, 553 U.S. 851 (2008), the relation back of amendments (Krupski v. Costa Crociere, S.p.A., 130 S. Ct. 2485 (2010)), and preclusion doctrine (Taylor v. Sturgell, 553 U.S. 880 (2008). This edition also incorporates the 2009 time computation amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, as well as the 2010 amendments to Rules 8, 26, and 56. Finally, this edition includes recent cases addressing the topic of preservation and spoliation in litigation (Pension Committee v. Banc of America Securities, 685 F. Supp. 2d 456 (S.D.N.Y. 2010), Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc. v. Cammarata, 688 F. Supp. 2d 598 (S.D. Tex. 2010)).
- Dewey Decimal: 347
- Physical Description: 7.9"x10.2"x1.7"; 4.2 lb; 1032 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-03-28
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books