Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most accurate and comprehensive reference for the Civil PE exam. This trusted text covers all the topics, codes, and standards on the NCEES Civil PE exam specifications. Clear and focused explanations of civil engineering concepts are reinforced with over 500 step-by-step example problems. Essential tables, figures, graphs, and appendices make it possible to solve many exam problems using the Reference Manual alone. The extensive index helps you locate important information quickly and easily. Renowned author, Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, has extensively revised the Reference Manual. Updates include expanded topic coverage, reformulated example problems, and hundreds of new index entries. Substantial revisions to the structural, transportation, and construction topics reflect the exam�s reliance on NCEES-adopted codes and standards. The use of consistent nomenclature makes it easy to cross-reference concepts among chapters. In total, 84 of the 89 chapters have been revised and updated. Once you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your civil engineering career. Exam Topics Covered Construction: Earthwork Construction & Layout � Estimating Quantities & Costs � Scheduling � Material Quality Control & Production � Temporary Structures Geotechnical: Subsurface Exploration & Sampling � Engineering Properties of Soils & Materials � Soil Mechanics Analysis � Earth Structures � Shallow Foundations � Earth Retaining Structures Structural: Loadings � Analysis � Mechanics of Materials � Materials � Member Design Transportation: Traffic Analysis � Geometric Design � Transportation Planning � Traffic Safety Water Resources & Environmental: Hydraulics�Closed Conduit � Hydraulics�Open Channel � Hydrology � Wastewater Treatment � Water Treatment _____________________________ Since 1975 more than 2 million people preparing for their engineering, surveying, architecture, LEED�, interior design, and landscape architecture exams have entrusted their exam preparation to PPI. For more information, visit us at www.ppi2pass.com.
- Dewey Decimal: 620
- Physical Description: 8.6"x11.2"x2.5"; 6.7 lb; 1552 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-03-16
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering
- Reference -- Education -- Test Guides - Graduate & Professional -- Professional
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books