"Drawing on our spatial imaginations, City Worlds prompts a distinctive understanding of cities. Exploring how different worlds within the city are brought into close proximity, this book demonstrates that cities in the world are essentially open, their very dynamism being a function of their interconnectedness. Analysing cities through this spatial understanding, City Worlds outlines new ways to address some of the ambiguities of cities: their promise and potential, their problems and threats."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: GF125
- Dewey Decimal: 307.76
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 185 p. : ill., (some col.), maps ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books