Chamberlain and appeasement: British policy and the coming of the Second World War
Includes bibliographical references (p. 348-363) and index. 1. Neville Chamberlain: Personality and Policy -- 2. Rearmament and Reparations -- 3. British Policy and the League: Manchuria and Ethiopia -- 4. The Rhineland Crisis and Colonies 1936-1937 -- 5. The Spanish Civil War: British Opinion and Policy -- 6. Chamberlain and Eden -- 7. Chamberlain and Halifax: March-August 1938 -- 8. Munich -- 9. From Munich to Prague -- 10. Guarantee to Poland -- 11. Making a 'Peace Front': April-August 1939 -- 12. Confronting Italy, Japan and Germany: April-August 1939 -- 13. Arms, and the Economy -- 14. Resources for War: the British Dominions and the United States -- 15. Alternatives to Appeasement -- 16. Outbreak of War -- 17. Conclusion.
- LCC: DA47.2
- Dewey Decimal: 327.41043
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: v, 388 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cloth)
- Chamberlain, Neville,1869-1940 -- Views on Germany
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Causes
- World politics -- 1900-1945
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Germany
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1936-1945
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 1936-1945
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books