Cengage Advantage Books: Choices in Relationships: An Introduction to Marriage and the Family
This "choices" theme based marriage and family book supports the goals of most professors by applying research and theory to readers' lives, and by encouraging lively classroom discussion. How? Through its interactive pedagogy (e.g. self assessments), currency of data, engaging writing style, and focus on social policy issues within the context of each chapter. The authors show users how positive outcomes in personal relationships depend on making intelligent choices. They accomplish this by encouraging readers to explore the tradeoffs that choices involve, how to view situations in a positive light, and how not making a choice is really a choice. Thus, readers learn to approach every intimate relationship with the new freedom and new responsibility that choices involve.
- Dewey Decimal: 301
- Physical Description: 8.4"x10.8"x0.9"; 3.0 lb; 663 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-07-31
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- Marriage & Family
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books