This book is designed to support the expansion in scope of the Professional Responsibility course. While attending to the Model Rules and the disciplinary process, Cases and Materials on the Law Governing Lawyers allows treatment of a wider range of sources of the law that governs lawyer conduct than the ethics codes and a wider range of control devices than the disciplinary process. The result is a more dynamic set of materials that presents a picture of the constraints on lawyer conduct that is closer to the realities of practice. Cases and Materials on the Law Governing Lawyers presents the material in a manner similar to the presentation of the material in other mainstream law courses: the law governing lawyers is just that, law, and students seem to respect the course's place in the curriculum when the materials are presented as such. In most other courses, the law studied affects client conduct; the lawyer interacts with it as an expert, a step removed from the law's application. Not so in the Professional Responsibility course, in which the law is about the lawyer's conduct and relationships. Students find motivation for the course when they recognize this simple insight.
- Physical Description: 7.8"x10.4"x1.3"; 2.5 lb; 696 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-01-25
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books