Cases and Materials on the Death Penalty, 3d (American Casebook)
This casebook comprehensively covers Supreme Court death penalty jurisprudence. Part I contains background information about the death penalty and the Court?s seminal cases. Part II addresses constitutional challenges to various aspects of death penalty schemes. Part III considers the litigation of a capital case by examining the Court's constitutional decisions regarding the process as a whole and the penalty phase, in particular. Part IV concerns issues arising after the death judgment, including review of the death judgment and the execution itself. Part V reconsiders the death penalty from the perspective of international law and recent critiques and proposals for reform.
- Dewey Decimal: 345
- Physical Description: 7.5"x10.1"x1.6"; 3.8 lb; 982 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2009-10-08
- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
- Law -- Perspectives on Law -- Jurisprudence
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Criminal Law -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Perspectives on Law -- Jurisprudence
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books