Cases and Materials on Land Use (American Casebook Series)
The 5th edition covers the entire range of modern land use legal practice and constitutional litigation from the onset of Euclidean zoning through the wide range of new issues arising in the 21st century. Completely new are developments in takings law from Kelo on public purpose and the state backlash, as well as Lingle?s explication of regulatory takings and substantive due process. New cases on accessory uses, zoning out competitors, and contract zoning accompany the classic cases of the prior edition. Topics covered include regulation of formula businesses, sustainability and green standards, new urbanism, transit oriented development, mixed use and the resurgence of large scale new towns, new perspectives on affordable housing, revitalization of cities in light of the mortgage crisis affecting suburban sprawl, new regional and state policies for growth management, conservation of water and monetization of solar energy. There is enhanced coverage of the Clean Water Act (TMDLs) and wetlands (the Rapanos case) and of disaster planning for fire hazards and flooding. This edition is a must to meet the felt needs of students and professors to engage in a new century of creative legal thinking for real world problems and solutions.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 7.7"x10.0"x1.9"; 4.2 lb; 988 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-06-18
- Law -- Administrative Law -- Land Use
- Law -- Series -- American Casebook
- Law -- General
- Law -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Administrative Law -- Land Use
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books