Cases and Materials on Insurance Law, 6th (American Casebook)
The Sixth Edition of Insurance Law is characterized by extensive updates that permeate the book. While adhering to the same format, each chapter incorporates recent developments that affect substantive insurance law. Some highlights include the following: The addition of text discussing the recent decision Golden Gate Restaurant Association v. City & County of San Francisco, in which the Ninth Circuit Court of appeals upheld San Francisco's "play or pay" ordinance, which requires employers with employees covered by the ordinance to make "required health care expenditures to or on their behalf." The case has potentially far-reaching implications for ERISA preemption jurisprudence. Material on the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008. Addition of the 2009 California Supreme Court's decision Delgado v. Interinsurance Exchange of the Automobile Club of Southern California which has the potential to significantly affect the scope of an insurer's duty to defend. Coverage of New York's 2008 amendment to Insurance Law Section 3420 which provides for a nuanced approach to the conventional notice-prejudice rule commonly used in most other states. More material on various aspects of the tripartite relationship. Throughout the new edition, the addition of cases is done in the context of the same format. Where cases are deleted, the substantive points are generally preserved in notes following cases.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 7.5"x10.1"x1.7"; 4.5 lb; 964 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-05-17
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books