Cases and Materials on Employment Discrimination, Eighth Edition
The best-selling Cases and Materials on Employment Discrimination blends cases, notes, and problems into an integrated pedagogy that balances scholarly and practice perspectives. The authors (prolific, highly visible scholars in the field) build a conceptual framework for understanding how discrimination is defined and proven in litigation. The text allows professors to explore particular interests more deeply and permits them to take not only a litigation approach but also compliance, investigation, and counseling perspectives characteristic of modern practice. The broad coverage integrates scholarship with legal doctrine drawn from statutes and judicial decisions. The useful Statutory Supplement is available for separate purchase. The Eighth Edition introduces new Supreme Court cases, including Wal-Mart, Staub v. Proctor Hospital, North American Stainless, and Hosanna-Tabor. The disabilities chapter has been revised in light of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments. A new chapter deals solely with retaliation to reflect the heightened importance of such protection. Notes have been streamlined to enhance student accessibility. Features: best-selling title, with an integrated pedagogy that balances scholarly and practice perspectives authorship--prolific scholars highly visible in the conceptual framework shows how discrimination is defined and proven in litigation designed to allow teachers to take not only a litigation approach but also compliance, investigation, and counseling perspectives integrates scholarship with legal doctrine drawn from statutes and judicial decisions Statutory Supplement--available for separate purchase Thoroughly updated, the revised Eighth Edition presents: integration of new Supreme Court cases Wal-Mart, Staub v. Proctor Hospital North American Stainless Hosanna-Tabor revised of disabilities chapter reflects the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments new chapter on retaliation in light of the heightened importance of such protection streamlined notes for enhance accessibility
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-12-19
- Law -- Administrative Law
- Law -- Business -- Labor & Employment
- Law -- Constitutional Law -- Discrimination
- Education & Reference
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books