Cartesian metaphysics: the late scholastic origins of modern philosophy
"Jorge Secada views Cartesian philosophy as an 'essentialist' reply to the 'existentialism' of the School, and his discussion includes careful analyses and original interpretations of such central Cartesian themes as the role of scepticism, intentionality and the doctrine of the material falsity of ideas, universals and the relation between sense and understanding, causation and the proofs of the existence of God, the theory of substance, and the dualism of mind and matter."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 270-322) and index.
- LCC: B1878
- Dewey Decimal: 194
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 333 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hbk.)
- Descartes, Ren�,1596-1650 -- Contributions in metaphysics
- Descartes, Ren�,1596-1650 -- Contributions in essentialism
- Essence (Philosophy)
- Scholasticism -- History
- Philosophy, Modern -- 17th century
- Essentialism (Philosophy)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books