Calculated Risks: Understanding the Toxicity of Chemicals in our Environment
Public concern regarding environmental pollution and chemicals present in foods, consumer products, and the work place are at an all time high. While there is widespread awareness, confusion still reigns, aggravated by conflicting reports concerning carcinogens in food and drinking water, or about chemicals present in medicines and household products that may cause birth defects. The central purpose of this book is to describe how scientists come to understand the toxic properties of such chemicals and the health risks they may pose. Rather than attempting to expose governmental and corporate ignorance, negligence or corruption, this book explores the underlying scientific issues.
- Edition Info: Paperback
- Outdoors & Nature -- Conservation -- General
- Outdoors & Nature -- Environment -- Conservation
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Environmental -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Engineering -- Civil -- Environmental -- Pollution -- Air
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Chemistry -- General & Reference
- Science -- Chemistry -- General & Reference
- Science -- Technology -- Risks
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books