CAFTA and Free Trade: What Every American Should Know (All Access)
Written during the "jobless recovery" of 2004, CAFTA and Free Trade sounds a powerful warning to America's middle class. The book applies a critical lens to the recently signed Central American Free Trade Agreement and reveals broader truths about America's risky position in the new global economy. Using easy-to-understand language, Greg Spotts shows how the rules of global commerce were developed to serve America's biggest companies and are now being used to rapidly shift jobs offshore. Spotts reveals a global economy based on bankrupt ideas and misleading claims, while reminding Americans of the moral and social principles that are the foundation of our economic strength. In the tradition of Thomas Paine's classic pamphlet Common Sense, Spotts tears down the conventional wisdom and makes a passionate case for fundamental change. CAFTA and Free Trade is the companion book to Greg Spotts' critically acclaimed documentary film American Jobs (www.americanjobsfilm.com). From January to June 2004, Greg Spotts traveled to 19 cities and towns across America, interviewing recently laid-off workers in their homes. Upon completing his film, Spotts returned to the road in the fall of 2004, screening American Jobs at universities and union halls around the country. Greg Spotts serves on the Santa Monica Arts Commission, most recently as chair. He is the director of the film American Jobs, a documentary looking at the loss of blue- and white-collar jobs to global sourcing. Greg has been a guest on Lou Dobbs Tonight and NOW with David Brancaccio. His work has been mentioned on the House floor by Representative Hilda Solis in debate on this important issue.
- Dewey Decimal: 331.2596
- Physical Description: 4.2"x7.5"x0.4"; 0.1 lb; 96 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-02-01
- Business & Investing -- Reference
- Nonfiction -- Current Events -- Conspiracy Theories
- Nonfiction -- Politics -- U.S
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Political Science -- International Relations
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books