By the dawn's early light: the story of the Star spangled banner
An account of the writing of the "Star-Spangled Banner," detailing how Key was actually behind enemy lines at the time seeking release of a captured friend from the British, who would not allow their departure until the bombardment of Baltimore was completed.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 39) and index.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 40 p. : ill. (some col.), map ; 29 cm.
- Edition Info: $14.95
- Key, Francis Scott,1779-1843 -- Juvenile literature
- Star-spangled banner (Song) -- Juvenile literature
- Poets, American -- 19th century -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
- United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Juvenile literature
- Lawyers -- United States -- Biography -- Juvenile literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books