The "business bible" has now been completely revised and updated to reflect the state of the business world today. This reference guide offers readers a portable M.B.A. between two covers without the expense of tuition, the trouble of entrance exams, or the struggle of making it to classes on time. As business is arguably the most potent force in society today -- CEOs wield more power and influence than political leaders, trade of goods and services spreads cultural values around the globe, even the rules of commerce increasingly govern the administration of our educational, nonprofit, and social institutions -- it is more important than ever that professionals from all walks of life understand its language and its theories. The book captures the state of the art in business today, and the extensive revisions and additions make this second edition the reference for anyone in the field. The additional material includes 30 new articles from authors such as Michael E. Gerber, Howard Rheingold, and Francis Fukuyama; the management library is 40 percent new with 39 articles. Everything else -- from the actionlists to the dictionary -- is fully updated to reflect the latest in business knowledge. This book provides insight and information for executives and managers, entrepreneurs, administrators, educators, and students alike.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 1667-1931) and index. Best practice : People and culture ; Marketing ; Strategy and competition ; Finance ; IT/Information management ; Systems ; Structure ; Leadership ; Corporate social responsibility and governance ; Renewal and growth ; Productivity ; Personal effectiveness -- Management checklists -- Actionlists -- Management library -- Business thinkers -- Management giants -- Dictionary -- Business information resources.
- LCC: HD38.15
- Dewey Decimal: 658
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: liii, 1973 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Edition Info: (hc)
- Management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Success in business
- Business -- Terminology
- Industrial management
- Management -- Philosophy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books