Broken dreams: reflections on reason, knowledge, and power
"Broken Dreams is an exploration of the intellectual ambitions of traditional philosophy and their passing. The path of this journey is confined within the bounds of epistemology. The work presents a critical analysis of the conditions that must be satisfied to meet the requirements of a rational account of belief justification. It takes the reader from modern classical epistemology, in the form of foundationalism and coherentism, through the more recent efforts to naturalize epistemology, and concludes with an examination of the works of Bruno Latour and Michel Foucault. Epistemology thus gives way to genealogies of knowledge."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -209).
- LCC: BD201
- Dewey Decimal: 121/.3
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 209 p. ;
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books