British Government and the Constitution: Text, Cases and Materials (Law in Context)
The previous (fourth) edition of this book came out in the midst of a programme of constitutional reform, and further reform projects (for reform of the House of Lords, the electoral system and freedom of information) were getting under way. This fifth edition shows how some of these constitutional changes have become an accepted feature of British life, generating much case law and altering the terms of political debate. The Freedom of Information Act has appeared on the statute book, promising an advance in the public's 'right to know' but problematic in its detail. While reform of the House of Lords has gone hesitantly forward, the argument about the future composition and role of the second chamber is still unresolved. And electoral reform, while presently stalled, has not ceased to stimulate debate. The work is intended for students of both politics and law.
- Dewey Decimal: 340
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x1.9"; 2.6 lb; 744 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2002-10-01
- Law -- Administrative Law -- General
- Law -- Constitutional Law -- General
- Law -- English Law -- General
- Law -- Perspectives on Law -- Jurisprudence
- Law -- General
- Law -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Government -- Constitutions
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Administrative Law -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Constitutional Law -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books