Bringing Reggio Emilia home: an innovative approach to early childhood education
Bringing Reggio Emilia Home is the first book to integrate the experiences of one American teacher on a year-long internship in the preschools of Reggio, with a four-year adaptation effort in one American school. The lively text includes many "mini-stories" of preschool and kindergarten-age children, teachers, and parents who embark on journeys of learning together. These journeys take shape in language, in drawings, in tempera paint and clay, in outdoor excursions, and in the imaginations of both the children and adults. This informative and accessible work features photographs of the children (both in Italy and the United States) and samples of the children's work, including some in full color. Selected topics: The Fundamentals of the Reggio Approach; The Pleasure and Power of Playing with Materials; Plants in Relationships; Children and Spoken Language; Transforming Space, Time, and Relations; Turning the Preschool Classroom into a Greenhouse; Taking the Plant Project to Kindergarten.
Includes index. Bibliography: p. 153-154. Foreword / Lella Gandini -- 1. The Journey -- 2. The Pleasure and Power of Playing with Materials -- 3. The Children and the Trees -- 4. Returning Home to St. Louis -- 5. Transforming Space, Time, and Relations --6. The Children and the Garden.
- Dewey Decimal: 372.21/01
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 159 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Education, Preschool -- Philosophy
- Early childhood education -- Philosophy
- Education, Preschool -- Italy -- Reggio Emilia
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books