Bring History Alive! A Sourcebook for Teaching World History
This resource manual was created by teachers for teachers who wish to engage in an inquiry-based approach to historical knowledge and historical understanding. The teaching examples are offered as sample activities and are not considered to be a complete curriculum. The teaching examples are organized by grade level and era and are supplemented by essays of two kinds. In Part I the essays explore ways to approach, organize, and conceptualize the teaching of world history with alternative teaching methods. In Part II, essays introduce each of the nine eras of world history and dwell on a particular theme or approach relevant to the era. The nine eras are borrowed from the National Standards for World History and encompass the periodization of history. (EH)
Availability: UCLA Book Zone, The UCLA Store, 308 Westwood Plaza, Ackerman Union, Los Angeles, CA 90024-8311; telephone: 310-206-0788.ericd For related item, see SO 028 604.ericd Access rights: No.ericd Educational level discussed: Elementary Secondary Education. Access rights: No.ericd Practitioners. Teachers. Microfiche.[Washington D.C.]:ERIC Clearinghousemicrofiches : positive.
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 330 p.
- World history -- Study and teaching (Elementary)
- World history -- Study and teaching (Secondary)
- World history -- Study and teaching -- Activity programs
- History -- Study and teaching -- Activity programs
- Teaching -- Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Academic Standards
- Elementary Secondary Education
- History Instruction
- Instructional materials
- Resource Materials
- Social studies
- World history
- Guides, Classroom -- Teacher
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books