Bonnie Prince CharlieCharles Edward Stuartis a name known to all. He was one of the most romantic figures in British history, yet his ambitious project for the Stuart restoration was thwarted and his accomplishments nil. The whole adventure lasted 14 months, from 1745 to 1746, encompassed the vicious slaughter of Culloden, and was followed by 40 years of restless exile. Charles is perhaps the perfect example of a hero of a lost cause, a legend created by Scottish nostalgia for a kingdom that had vanished. Based almost entirely on contemporary resources, David Daiches distinguished biography, first published in 1973, strips away the romantic myth. Placing Charles directly in 18thcentury Europe, with all it political and dynastic intrigue, Bonnie Prince Charlie gives us new insights into his enduring appeal.
- Physical Description: 4.8"x1.0"x8.5"; 336 pages; 0.8 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2002-05-01
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- Ethnic & National -- Irish
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- General
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- Leaders & Notable People -- Royalty -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Europe -- Scotland
- Amazon.com -- History -- Europe -- England -- General
- Amazon.com -- History -- Europe -- England -- 18th Century
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books