Includes bibliographical references and index. 1. Mechanisms of Bone Metastasis / Gregory R. Mundy and Toshiyuki Yoneda -- 2. The Role of Marrow Endothelium in the Localization of Metastatic Cancer Cells to Bone / Pnina Brodt, Mahmudul Haq and John Nip -- 3. Structural and Microenvironmental Bone Marrow Factors Involved in the Pathogenesis of Bone Metastasis / Francisco Arguello and Harvey J. Cohen -- 4. Bone Marrow-Derived Growth Factors for Metastatic Cancer Cells / Gregory L. Blatch and Bruce R. Zetter -- 5. Potential Roles for Adhesion in the Pathogenesis of Bone Metastasis / Paul J. Kostenuik, Gurmit Singh and F. William Orr -- 6. Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide as a Mediator of Osteolysis and Hypercalcemia in Bone Metastasis / Janet E. Henderson and David Goltzman -- 7. Tumor-Associated Macrophages as Mediators of Osteolysis in Bone Metastasis / N. A. Athanasou -- 8. Mechanisms of Cancer Cell-Mediated Osteolysis / Otto H. Sanchez-Sweatman, Rama Khokha, Gurmit Singh and F. William Orr -- 9. Urokinase (uPA) as a Mediator of Osteoblastic Skeletal Metastasis / Shafaat Ahmed Rabbani -- 10. An Animal Model for the Investigation of Prostate Cancer with Special Emphasis on Skeletal Metastasis / B. Ramanath Rao, A. A. Geldof and D. W. W. Newling -- 11. Pathophysiology of Human Prostate Cancer Metastasis to Bone, Studied In Vitro and in Animal Models / Daniel H. Shevrin and Subhash C. Kukreja -- 12. Bone Metastases and Prostate Cancer / Mark E. Stearns and Min Wang -- 13. Experimental Findings on the Osteoprotective Potential of Bisphosphonates Against Bone Metastases and Tumor-Induced Osteopathy: A Pleading for an Early and Preventive Administration / B. Krempien.
- LCC: RC280
- Dewey Decimal: 616.99/47107
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 249 p. : ill.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books