Bob Powell's Terror: The Chilling Archives of Horror Comics Volume 2
Cult favorite Bob Powell was a master 1950s horror cartoonist delineating some of the most imaginative and incredibly drawn comics in the genre. His terrifying ghouls were as gruesome as his tantalizing girls were gorgeous! The introduction is by Eisner winner Craig Yoe and details Powell''s comics career with extensive and revealing quotes from a recently discovered manuscript about his work penned by Powell himself. The front matter is profusely illustrated with rare ephemera and flawless reproductions of Powell''s original art. Bob Powell''s Terror prints a generous amount of horror comics stories carefully scanned and reproduced from vintage horror-era comics, many of them quite rare and expensive - if you could find them! This beautifully designed, 148-page, library-quality, full-color hardback book is Volume 2 in The Chilling Archives of Horror Comics series. The first volume, still available, was Dick Briefer''s Frankenstein, published last Halloween to great acclaim.
- Dewey Decimal: 741
- Physical Description: 148 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-11-08
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books