Blueprint: a study of Diderot and the Encyclopédie plates
Includes bibliographical references (p. -160). Machine generated contents note: I. Obstetrix Animorum 1 -- II. The Order of the Plates 13 -- III. Tantum de medio sumptis accedit honoris! 35 -- IV. A Picture Book of Paris 63 -- V. Blueprint 87 -- VI. From the Illustrated to the Pictorial 113 -- Plates 121 -- Notes 129 -- Bibliography 149.
- LCC: AE25
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 160 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Diderot, Denis,1713-1784
- Encyclopédie -- Illustrations
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries, French -- History and criticism
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books