Biological effects of low-frequency electromagnetic fields
Includes bibliographical references. Resource letter BELFEF-1: Biological effects of low-frequency electromagnetic fields /D. Hafemeister --Possible health effects of exposure to residential electric and magnetic fields /Board on Radiation Effects Research --Apocalyspse not /J. Palfreman --Cancer and power lines /W.R. Bennett --Biological effects of power-frequency fields as they relate to carcinogenesis /J.E. Moulder and K.R. Foster --Constraints on biological effects of weak extremely-low-frequency electromagnetic fields /R.K. Adair --Comment on "constraints on biological effects of weak extremely-low-frequency electromagnetic fields" /J.L. Kirschvink --Reply to "Comment on 'Constraints on biological effects of weak extremely-low frequency electromagnetic fields'" /R.K. Adair --Biological responses to weak 60-Hz electric and magnetic fields must vary as the square of the field strength /R.K. Adair --Rectification and signal averaging of weak electric fields by biological cells /R.D. Astumian, J.C. Weaver, and R.K. Adair --Magnetite biomineralaization in the human brain /J.L. Kirschvink, A. Kobayashki-Kirschvink, and B.J. Woodford --Ferromagnetism and EMFs /A.K. Kobayashi, J.L. Kirschvink, and M.H. Nesson --Constraints of thermal noise on the effects of weak 60-Hz magnetic fields acting on biological magnetite /R.K. Adair --Electrosensory organisms /J. Bastian --Interactions in the flexible orientation system of a migratory bird /K.P. Able and M.A. Able --Interaction of apical and basal membrane ion channels underlies electroreception in ampullary epithelia of skates /J. Lu and H.M. Fishman --Designing EMF experiments; what is required to characterize "exposure"? /P.A. Valberg --Residual exposure to magnetic fields and acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children /M.S. Linet --Power lines, cancer, and fear /E.W. Campion --Magnetic field exposure in relation to leukemia and brain cancer mortality among electric utility workers /D.A. Savitz and D.P. Loomis.
- LCC: QP82.2
- Dewey Decimal: 612/.01442
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 141 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Electromagnetism -- Physiological effect
- Magnetic fields -- Physiological effect
- ELF electromagnetic fields -- Physiological effect
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books