Bioinformatics and functional genomics: a short course
Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Analyzing DNA, RNA, and Protein Sequences in Databases -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Access to Sequence Data and Literature Information -- 3. Pairwise Sequence Alignment -- 4. Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) -- 5. Advanced BLAST Searching -- Pt. II. Genomewide Analysis of RNA and Protein -- 6. Bioinformatic Approaches to Gene Expression -- 7. Gene Expression: Microarray Data Analysis -- 8. Protein Analysis and Proteomics -- 9. Protein Structure -- 10. Multiple Sequence Alignment -- 11. Molecular Phylogeny and Evolution -- Pt. III. Genome Analysis -- 12. Completed Genomes and the Tree of Life -- 13. Completed Genomes: Viruses -- 14. Completed Genomes: Bacteria and Archaea -- 15. Eukaryotic Genomes: Fungi -- 16. Eukaryotic Genomes: From Parasites to Primates -- 17. Human Genome -- 18. Human Disease -- App. GCG for Protein and DNA Analysis.
- Dewey Decimal: 572.8/6
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxv, 753 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (paper : alk. paper)
- Genetics -- Data processing
- Computational Biology -- methods
- Genetic Techniques
- Genome, Human
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books