Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Bioethics : basic concepts -- 1. Law, medicine, and philosophy -- 2. Autonomy and bodily integrity -- 3. Life -- Pt. II. The early years -- 4. Assisting and monitoring reproduction -- 5. Children -- 6. Avoiding reproduction : sterilization, contraception, and abortion -- Pt. III. Across the lifespan -- 7. Human subject research and experimental health care -- 8. Conflicts of interest, profits, and commerce -- 9. Access to health care -- 10. Public health -- Pt. IV. The later years -- 11. Aging -- 12. Dying -- 13. Death.
- LCC: KF3821
- Dewey Decimal: 344.7304/1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxviii, 894 p. ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (teacher's manual)
- Medical laws and legislation -- United States
- Medical care -- Law and legislation -- United States
- Bioethics -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books