Bill Fortney's Great Photography Workshop is a complete how-to guide for the impassioned amateur outdoor photographer-the fastest growing segment of the market. Major camera manufacturers report an enormous upswing in sales of upper-end equipment to non-professionals, and this book aims at serious amateur photographers who are making substantial investments in equipment. This book is a fresh approach to the age-old desire of serious amateurs to become truly good at their chosen craft. Most books produced over the past two decades have focused either on technical considerations or the esthetics of photography. Few have integrated both important issues into one volume, and none has presented an actual course of action to help readers develop excellence at their craft. Bill Fortney's Great Photography Workshop contains actual self-assignments and field exercises to help the reader become fluent with each of the major concepts. In addition, the book addresses the emotional stumbling blocks to the learning process. A portfolio section includes work samples from serious amateurs who have followed the author's course to arrive at professional skill levels. Finally, the book contains a full bibliography of other source materials.
- Physical Description: 8.3"x11.0"x0.5"; 192 pages; 1.6 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2003-03-01
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- Lighting
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- Nature & Wildlife
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- Photo Essays
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- Reference
- Amazon.com -- Arts & Photography -- Photography -- How-to -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books