In Believing as Ourselves, the author, an American Muslim of 16 years, brings to the forefront the indispensable importance of personal authenticity to the maintenance of faith. The author asserts that all too often "non-native" Muslims, in their well meaning zeal, throw away the very parts of their identity that, not only led them to Islam in the first place, but ultimately make them who they are- - in so doing creating the impossibility of a true and vibrant connection with God. Not simply an exposé on the difficulties to be found within the Islamic community, Believing as Ourselves, is packed with advice for those who find themselves struggling to reconcile the gap between the sometimes, bitter, reality of actual life within the faith, and the Islamic ideal they so cherish. In the words of Dr. Jeffrey Lang, author of the books, Struggling to Surrender, and Even Angels Ask, She (the author) reaches out to them with practical, hard earned wisdom and carefully thought out advice on how they can overcome the many distractions and hardships, and reclaim that "initial determination, internal strength, and sense of authentic faith that was once theirs." -And they so deserve. Lynn Jones is a writer and mother of two. She lives in a modest home under the shadow of a grove of giant cedar trees in suburban Washington state.
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.0"x0.5"; 176 pages; 0.7 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2002-03-27
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books