Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-211) and index. Pt. I.Introduction.1.Biological Psychiatry and Labeling Theory.2.Individual and Social Systems in Deviance --Pt. II.Theory.3.Social Control as a System.4.Residual Deviance.5.The Social Institution of Insanity --Pt. III.The Power of the Psychiatrist.6.Decisions in Medicine.7.Negotiating Reality: Notes on Power in the Assessment of Responsibility --Pt. IV.The Emotional/Relational World.8.A Psychiatric Interview: Alienation between Patient and Psychiatrist.9.Labeling in the Family: Hidden Shame and Anger --Pt. V.Summary and Review.10.Conclusion.App.Impact of the 1966 Edition on Legislative Change.
- LCC: RC455
- Dewey Decimal: 362.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiv, 220 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (cl. : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books