Telling the story of thirteen social workers in the UK, this book makes social work visible, providing a vivid idea of what a career in social work entails.
Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Figures; Acknowledgement; Introduction; Part I Voices from social work practice; Chapter 1 The juggling act; Chapter 2 Social work in the neighbourhood; Chapter 3 A minority experience; Chapter 4 Social work in transition; Chapter 5 From Castlemilk to Chisinau; Part II Voices from social work management; Chapter 6 Joint future; Chapter 7 Service first; Chapter 8 Letting goldfish go; Part III Voices from social work education and training; Chapter 9 From practice to theory; Chapter 10 Sikhing social work; Chapter 11 Making a difference. Chapter 12 Social work inside outChapter 13 Changing social work; Part IV Commentary; Chapter 14 Becoming and being a social worker; Index; Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.
- LCC: HV247
- Dewey Decimal: 361.30941
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 185 p.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books