What is it about verbalizing our faith that leaves our knees knocking and our tongues tied? We know it's the most significant thing we can do and that sharing it is the most important gift we could ever give to a friend. Yet evangelism remains one of the most frustrating parts of the Christian life. Until now. Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg believe that it doesn't have to be that way; effectively communicating our faith in Jesus Christ should be the most natural thing in the world. What we need, however, is encouragement and direction. In Becoming a Contagious Christian Hybels and Mittelberg offer a practical plan of action for touching the lives of friends, family members, and others, illustrated with powerful, real-life stories. Their emphasis is clear: be yourself in Christ, find a style that works for you. Hybels and Mittelberg use simple, straightforward language and diverse biblical characters such as Paul, Dorcas, and the Samaritan woman to encourage us with the good news that God knew what he was doing when he made each of us. As a result, all of us can impact our world for Christ. It is an approach the authors have seen work again and again at Willow Creek Community Church. They articulate the important principles that have helped the believers at Willow Creek become a church of "contagious Christians," a church known around the world for its outstanding and effective outreach to the unchurched. Becoming a Contagious Christian may well be one of the most important contributions to relational evangelism in decades. It presents a blueprint for starting a spiritual epidemic of hope and enthusiasm for spreading the Gospel of Christ.
- Dewey Decimal: 248.5
- Physical Description: 240 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 1995-01-02
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books