Includes bibliographical references and index. Mapped pictures: images as evidence and explanation -- Sparklines: intense, simple, word-sized graphics -- Links and causal arrows: ambiguity in action -- Words, numbers, images - together -- The fundamental principles of analytical design -- Corruption in evidence presentations: effects without causes, cherry picking, overreaching, chartjunk, and the rage to conclude -- The cognitive style of PowerPoint: pitching out corrupts within -- Sculptural pedestals: meaning, practice, depedestalization -- Landscape sculptures.
- LCC: P93.5
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 213 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (1 folded figurative map), (some col.) ; 28 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books