Includes bibliographical references and index. Pt. I. Logocentrism. 1. Karl Barth's two models for the nature of language. 2. Sprachphilosophie from Hamann to Humboldt. 3. Forms of logocentrism among Barth's contemporaries. 4. Barth between Sprache and Rede philosophy -- Pt. II. Dialogues with Difference. 5. Heidegger's dialogue with difference. 6. Buber's dialogue with difference. 7. Barth's theology of the Word and Levinas's philosophy of Saying -- Pt. III. Differance. 8. Derrida as Levinas's supplement. 9. Barth and Levinas: their difference as differance. 10. Derrida's supplement. 11. Barth and the economy of differance -- 12. Conclusion: Comment ne pas parler.
- LCC: BR115
- Dewey Decimal: 230/.014
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvi, 258 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardback)
- Barth, Karl,1886-1968
- Lv?inas, Emmanuel
- L�vinas, Emmanuel
- Derrida, Jacques
- Language and languages -- Religious aspects -- Christianity
- Postmodernism -- Religious aspects -- Christianity
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books