Barry Sanders: Now You See Him : His Story in His Own Words
Why did Barry Sanders, one of the absolute greats in NFL history, retire when he was within reach of breaking the all-time rushing record? In BARRY SANDERS: NOW YOU SEE HIM, Barry explains for the first time anywhere what led him to make the biggest decision of his life. Also included is a bonus DVD packed with highlights and footage of Barry?s explosive on-field performance from his youth football days to his Heisman Trophy-winning years at Oklahoma State to his incredible pro career with the Detroit Lions. Written with Barry?s life-long friend Mark McCormick, BARRY SANDERS: NOW YOU SEE HIM provides insight into who Barry Sanders really is: an incredibly gifted athlete, a dedicated family man, and a deeply private and spiritual person. For the first time, readers will learn about his struggles growing up, his often trying relationship with his father, and the painful loss of his beloved sister, Nancy, to whom the book is dedicated. It also chronicles his amazing, record-breaking football career, from fighting to earn a place on sports teams due to his size to his rise as a grid-iron legend. " I left on my own terms and I?m living on my own terms," says Sanders in the book?s final chapter. He says of his life since leaving the game, "I like to think that I?m good at balancing things and excelling at more than one thing at a time. I?m certainly trying to do that." Only five years after leaving the sport, Sanders? legacy cannot be forgotten. Among the many milestones during his stellar career, Sanders: ? Won the NFL Rookie of the Year and MVP awards ? Was named to the Pro Bowl nine times ? Rushed for 2053 yards in a single season ? Went 803 consecutive carries without a fumble ? Registered ten consecutive 1000+ yards per season and so much more. BARRY SANDERS: NOW YOU SEE HIM allows football fans a rare glimpse behind the records and accolades, into the heart and mind of a man for whom adversity was as commonplace as setting records and scoring touchdowns. With tremendous candor, Barry Sanders tell his story the only way he knows how?with honesty, passion and a directness not found in other sports autobiographies. It also include original commentary from former teammates Kevin Glover and Lomas Brown, his former coaches, Wayne Fontes and Dale Burkholder, and former opponents Louis Oliver, Emmitt Smith and Mike Singletary.
- Physical Description: 8.2"x10.4"x0.6"; 137 pages; 1.6 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2003-11-01
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- Ethnic & National -- African-American & Black
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- Ethnic & National -- General
- Amazon.com -- Sports -- Biographies -- Football
- Amazon.com -- Sports -- Football (American) -- General
- Amazon.com -- Biographies & Memoirs -- Memoirs
- Amazon.com -- Sports -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books